question

Kim Oliveros avatar image
Kim Oliveros asked Phong Vu answered

Permission error when accessing a recording from another account under the same company

Hi my team is currently developing an app that allows access to recordings of their users/agent after each support calls the app is still in sandbox the account Im using is a developer admin but for some reason I get this error:

{
     "errorCode": "CMN-419",
     "message": "In order to call this API endpoint for another extension, 
                 one of the following permissions [ReadCallRecordings] 
                 have to be granted with extended scope to the authorized 
                 user.",
     "errors": [
         {
             "errorCode": "CMN-419",
             "message": "In order to call this API endpoint for another 
                         extension, one of the following permissions 
                         [ReadCallRecordings] have to be granted with 
                         extended scope to the authorized user.",
             "permissionsName": "ReadCallRecordings"
         }
     ],
     "permissionsName": "ReadCallRecordings"
 }

I really don't understand what is happening here. Also, I made sure that the app already has the necessary app scope:

1694959240450.png

But still no good no luck the issue still persists if I access a recording from a different ext under the same company.

Any idea what am I missing here?

developer sandboxcall recordingpermissions
1694959240450.png (12.3 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The error message here is slightly misleading because it implies the fix can be found by updating user permissions. And perhaps that is true from a certain point of view. However, the root cause is ultimately about one user trying to perform an action on behalf of another user, but not having permission to do. For example, only two people can access a call recording: the person who recorded the call, and the Super Admin within the account.

You can fix the problem above , but accessing the user's recordings while logged in as a Super Admin.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys