question

P70 Backup avatar image
P70 Backup asked P70 Backup commented

Granting User or App Permissions

I've recently created an app that is currently in sandbox. When I try to use this app and the credentials generated to make a phone call, I get:

"In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [RingOut] have to be granted to the authorized user."

I have seen other questions similar to this, and the general answer is to log-in to the admin portal and grant that user the proper "Role" for that permission. However, I'm a bit confused here - when I log in to https://service.devtest.ringcentral.com and look at Users, I only see myself (super admin) which is the same number/username I'm trying to issue my call from and getting this permissions error. How do I grant my specific app or clientID "RingOut" permission? It already is added as an application scope.

ringcentral appdeveloper sandboxpermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered P70 Backup commented

Checking your app then your sandbox setup. Your only user in the sandbox account does not have a direct number nor a phone (device) yet.

I added a phone to your sandbox super admin user extension (I choose a California phone number. you can change it by adding another number though).

Now you can relogin the RC app (devtest) and set the emergency address then make direct call or call the /ring-out API.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

P70 Backup avatar image P70 Backup commented ·

Thank you very much, it works now!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered P70 Backup commented

So you call the /ring-out API, right? Can you share the app client id?

1 comment
1 |3000

P70 Backup avatar image P70 Backup commented ·

Yes, I'm calling this endpoint:/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/ring-out

Client ID: 2eeXZT2rix1azRgNcxL7Tt

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys