question

Total CX avatar image
Total CX asked Phong Vu commented

Permission Error

I am having trouble making api calls to read the company call log, my user is super admin but I am still getting this error: ApiException: In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user. Can someone explain why?

My app is using JWT auth by the way/

@Phong Vu ?

call logspermissions
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

There must be a mistake somewhere in your JWT. Is this in your production or sandbox account? What is the account id (or full company name) and the user name or id?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Total CX avatar image
Total CX answered Phong Vu commented

username: totalcx@d3autosales.com

Company Name: D3 Auto Sales

I m using the sandbox account to graduate the app we are developing for that company

@Phong Vu

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

The app is in sandbox and I believe that you are testing it in that sandbox account.

This user is not a super admin user.

screen-shot-2023-08-04-at-123501-pm.png

You need to ask the super admin user in that sandbox account to change the user extension 102 role and set it as a super admin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Total CX avatar image
Total CX answered Phong Vu commented

Well, our user is Super Admin. I attached screenshots proving it. We recreated the user from scratch with the same parameters, by the way. Our client is waiting for this. PLease, advice @Phong Vu

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.35.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.52 PM.png

3 comments
1 |3000

That seems to be a user that your customer created in their production account. Only after you graduate the app to the production account then you can create a new JWT token for production and use it.

For now, you need to test the app in the sandbox environment and you need a test user with the super admin role in the sandbox account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Total CX avatar image Total CX Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

For now, you need to test the app in the sandbox environment and you need a test user with the super admin role in the sandbox account.

How do I do this? I don't see an option in the sandbox admin portal

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Total CX commented ·

You have to ask your customer who created you as a user in their sandbox account to change your role from "Standard" to "Super Admin" (or a custom role that include access to company call log).

0 Likes 0 ·
TOTAL TRACK avatar image
TOTAL TRACK answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you! I already spoke with a developer; that was the problem and many more.

PS: Ring Central should eliminate the sandbox and not force app developers to meet graduation requirements (they are easy to fake and defeat the purpose of the initial idea) or at least make it easy to work with.

1 comment
1 |3000

It's great that the problem is solved.

The purpose of testing app API calls on sandbox is important as it would minimize or eliminate mistake that may cause problems to a production account (e.g delete real data, create/delete a user etc.)

In your case it was just because you did not own the sandbox account and your client was not familiar with the process.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys