News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Permission Error
Tags: call logs, permissions
Aug 4, 2023 at 11:23am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Total CX

I am having trouble making api calls to read the company call log, my user is super admin but I am still getting this error: ApiException: In order to call this API endpoint, one of the following permissions [ReadCompanyCallLog] have to be granted to the authorized user. Can someone explain why?

My app is using JWT auth by the way/

@Phong Vu ?

4 Answers
answered on Aug 11, 2023 at 12:09pm  

Thank you! I already spoke with a developer; that was the problem and many more.

PS: Ring Central should eliminate the sandbox and not force app developers to meet graduation requirements (they are easy to fake and defeat the purpose of the initial idea) or at least make it easy to work with.

on Aug 14, 2023 at 8:02am   •  0 likes

It's great that the problem is solved.

The purpose of testing app API calls on sandbox is important as it would minimize or eliminate mistake that may cause problems to a production account (e.g delete real data, create/delete a user etc.)

In your case it was just because you did not own the sandbox account and your client was not familiar with the process.

answered on Aug 4, 2023 at 11:56am  

username: totalcx@d3autosales.com

Company Name: D3 Auto Sales

I m using the sandbox account to graduate the app we are developing for that company

@Phong Vu

on Aug 4, 2023 at 12:40pm   •  0 likes

The app is in sandbox and I believe that you are testing it in that sandbox account.

This user is not a super admin user.

screen-shot-2023-08-04-at-123501-pm.png

You need to ask the super admin user in that sandbox account to change the user extension 102 role and set it as a super admin.

answered on Aug 4, 2023 at 1:40pm  

Well, our user is Super Admin. I attached screenshots proving it. We recreated the user from scratch with the same parameters, by the way. Our client is waiting for this. PLease, advice @Phong Vu

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.35.40 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.37.52 PM.png

on Aug 4, 2023 at 2:32pm   •  0 likes

That seems to be a user that your customer created in their production account. Only after you graduate the app to the production account then you can create a new JWT token for production and use it.

For now, you need to test the app in the sandbox environment and you need a test user with the super admin role in the sandbox account.

on Aug 8, 2023 at 1:39pm   •  0 likes

For now, you need to test the app in the sandbox environment and you need a test user with the super admin role in the sandbox account.

How do I do this? I don't see an option in the sandbox admin portal

on Aug 8, 2023 at 2:58pm   •  0 likes

You have to ask your customer who created you as a user in their sandbox account to change your role from "Standard" to "Super Admin" (or a custom role that include access to company call log).

answered on Aug 4, 2023 at 11:46am  

There must be a mistake somewhere in your JWT. Is this in your production or sandbox account? What is the account id (or full company name) and the user name or id?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us