question

Timothy Sweeney-Fanelli avatar image
Timothy Sweeney-Fanelli asked Timothy Sweeney-Fanelli commented

TCR Opt-In/Out - In-Office Paper Forms Sufficient?

My business uses conversational SMS — always initiated by the consumer, and never used for advertising nor any automated API. TCR documentation states implied consent is sufficient in this case, but it seems that my campaign would be rejected if I were to just rely on that?

Is it sufficient to add a clause to our terms and conditions on the business’ website stating that consent to receive conversational SMS to communicate with the business is implied, and then for opting out to have both (1) a paper form available in-office for customers to fill out AND (2) customers can text “opt out” to the business’ number and we will mark their files as do-not-text?

sms and text messaging
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

AMET Incoming Calls avatar image AMET Incoming Calls commented ·

Our company is in the same boat so I'm following this post

1 Like 1 ·
Timothy Sweeney-Fanelli avatar image Timothy Sweeney-Fanelli AMET Incoming Calls commented ·

Unfortunately I’ve gotten no response. I did submit the campaign explaining this process, but it’s still pending — I’ll be sure to post back and let you know.

1 Like 1 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app