article

Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese posted

Help with the RingOut code sample in Getting Started

Welcome to the home of the RingCentral developer community, where developers and users come together to ask questions, seek support, and work together to get the most out of RingCentral's unified communication platform.

This article is provided to developers going through the getting started experience accessible from within the RingCentral Developer Console and needing help specifically with the "Initiate a phone call" code sample.

4522-screen-shot-2023-07-20-at-104146-am.png

Here are some tips and tricks to help you complete this code sample successfully.

I am not receiving a phone call

The code sample is executed in our sandbox environment. Therefore, to receive a phone call you must be logged into our web-based unified application in sandbox. Using the credentials you setting in a previous step of the getting started experience, login to your sandbox at the following URL:

https://app.devtest.ringcentral.com

I am receiving an error when I run my code sample

The code sample provided for you is 100% complete and ready to go. You should not need to edit it in any way. However, if you are still receiving an error, check the following.

Make sure you installed the SDK. If the error message relates to a missing library or a file that cannot be found, return to step 2 on the making a simple API call page, and follow the instructions for your preferred programming language to properly install the RingCentral SDK.

4518-screen-shot-2023-07-20-at-104827-am.png

I am experiencing a different problem

If the above content did not provide you with a solution, please reach out to our Developer Support team and tell us more about the specific issue you are struggling with. We can then update this page to better help future developers.

We also invite you to share your feedback with us by posting a comment on this article so that you can better share your knowledge with other RingCentral developers.

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys

Article

Contributors

ByrneReese contributed to this article