question

Chris Tsogas avatar image
Chris Tsogas asked Chris Tsogas answered

I get an error "FeatureNotAvailable MSG-242" when I try to send an SMS from a sandbox account

I'm trying to send an SMS via the API from my sandbox account but I get this error.

I get the same error if I try via the "Test it out" button in the developers portal.

{ "errorCode": "FeatureNotAvailable", "message": "The requested feature is not available", "errors": [ { "errorCode": "MSG-242", "message": "The requested feature is not available" } ] }

I read all the threads in the forum but honestly cannot figure out exactly what to do.

It seems that everytime someone asked this a support person told them to try again after "enabling" something behind the scenes I guess?

Can you help me out please?

rest apisms and text messagingerrors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Please read this post and submit a dev support ticket.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chris Tsogas answered

Thank you! I did open a ticket, I can see the case in my dashboard and I even got an email reply. But the case in the dashboard does not show the support agent reply AND when I tried to reply via email I got a message that I cannot do that!

So how can I reply? :)

1 |3000

Chris Tsogas answered

@Phong Vu I opened the ticket but I did not get a response back.

Also, I should mention that we're an automation software company and we're trying to build a RingCentral app for our customers that use RingCentral.

We have one remaining step in the graduation process for taking our app public which is this SMS requirement.

The link you shared mentions that we should get a paid account but as mentioned we are not RingCentral customers but a SaaS company building an app for mutual customers of our company and RingCentral. We have a list of customers waiting for this integration.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys