question

Samantha Gafvert avatar image
Samantha Gafvert asked ·

user needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission

{
  "errorCode": "CMN-408",
  "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission"
}

Getting the above error when trying to query the Meetings API even though I've created an application in the sandbox that has all permissions (including meetings). Other API endpoints like calls-log seem to be working but this one is giving me a lot of trouble. Anyone have any insights into what might be wrong here.

apimeetingsapi permissions
1 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered ·

The error is misleading. In this case, it means that the meeting API is not supported in sandbox environment.

Let me know you sandbox account's main company number so I can check if I can enable it for you.

1 comment Share

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

We are experiencing the same issue, and are having a hard time correcting this. Can we have this added to our sandbox for testing?

1 Like 1 · ·
Shubham Jain avatar image
Shubham Jain answered ·

I am facing the same issue "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission " .Can u help to get out of it ?

Accountnumber is +14704330731

1 comment Share

I don't see your RingCentral production account. Are you a RingCentral customer or just a free-tier developer with this sandbox account. If you are a customer, can you provide me with your production account's main company number. If you don't want to reveal the number here, you can send it with your request to devsupport@ringcentral.com

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.