question

Samantha Gafvert avatar image
Samantha Gafvert asked Nicholas Guan edited

How do I resolve "User needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission" error?

{
  "errorCode": "CMN-408",
  "message": "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [MeetingsRecordings] permission"
}

Getting the above error when trying to query the Meetings API even though I've created an application in the sandbox that has all permissions (including meetings). Other API endpoints like calls-log seem to be working but this one is giving me a lot of trouble. Anyone have any insights into what might be wrong here?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered pat-lewis8094 commented

The error is misleading. In this case, it means that the meeting API is not supported in sandbox environment.

Let me know you sandbox account's main company number so I can check if I can enable it for you.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

pat-lewis8094 avatar image pat-lewis8094 commented ·

We are experiencing the same issue, and are having a hard time correcting this. Can we have this added to our sandbox for testing?

1 Like 1 ·
Shubham Jain avatar image
Shubham Jain answered Phong Vu commented

I am facing the same issue "In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission " .Can u help to get out of it ?

Accountnumber is +14704330731

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I don't see your RingCentral production account. Are you a RingCentral customer or just a free-tier developer with this sandbox account? If you are a customer, can you provide me with your production account's main company number? If you don't want to reveal the number here, you can send it with your request on a support ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashton Wood avatar image
Ashton Wood answered Phong Vu commented

@Phong Vu

I'm having this same issue - In order to call this API endpoint, user needs to have [Meetings] permission

Can you please enable Meetings for me?

Sandbox - 470-502-3044

5 comments
1 |3000

Enabled.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashton Wood avatar image Ashton Wood Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you @Phong Vu

Any idea whats going with the glip api/environment for sandbox? I keep getting an error that says "GlipMongo connection unavailable"

Also, any chance you could get my app approved for access to RC Video. We have 5 customers that will use this immediately and more coming soon.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ashton Wood commented ·

Teams are working on updating cert which expired last week. It impact lots of operations on sandbox. Hopefully, all operations will be resumed by tomorrow.

0 Likes 0 ·
Orbit Investments avatar image Orbit Investments commented ·

@Phong Vu can you enable this for us also?
Sandbox = 281472004

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Orbit Investments commented ·

I can't find an account with that number. You should send your request through a support ticket with your account information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashton Wood avatar image
Ashton Wood answered Ashton Wood commented

Thank you, sir! Also, any chance you could get my app approved for access to RC Video. We have 5 customers that will use this immediately and more coming soon.

6 comments
1 |3000

You already have access to RCV? What are those app's client ids?

0 Likes 0 ·
Ashton Wood avatar image Ashton Wood Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is the client id for our RC App.

eNfCGymuTjCNSGomZkaBmA

Maybe I just don't know how to access it? I don't see it in the permissions I can add to the app. And this page - https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/meetings/video - I don't have credentials that will allow access to the documentation.

I know we have RCV in our production (paid account) but I don't know if we have access as a developer for the above mentioned app/client id

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Ashton Wood commented ·

No, the production account you gave me above (I deleted the number for security sake) does not have RCV feature enabled. Can you contact your RingCentral account manager for that.

If you cannot access the documentation, it means that you are not on the beta users list. So please send your access request via this form.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys