question

big-blue-spa-and-pool-service-and-repair8068 avatar image
big-blue-spa-and-pool-service-and-repair8068 asked Phong Vu commented

Need Carrier for RingCentral

Our company is implementing software that can notify us via text message. The software is asking for the carrier for the numbers that we want to receive the text messages. I want to have send the notifications to our Ring Central #s. To do that I need know the carrier that can be used to send messages to a RingCentral #s - just like what is explained in this RingCentral help bubble I am attaching.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

saadetswift16514 avatar image
saadetswift16514 answered
Hello!

I moved your question to our Developers Community. They should be able to better assist you. It's possible that we might be able to accomplish something like this using an API.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

big-blue-spa-and-pool-service-and-repair8068 answered
Thanks for trying to steer this the right direction. I thought this might just be common knowledge. Just to clarify, what I am looking for is the part after the @ in this example: 1234567890@txt.att.net. Believe it or not you can send messages to a real # like that from an email client program. Just the subdomain and domain names.
Here's more examples:
Alltel [insert 10-digit number]@ mms.alltelwireless.com
Boost Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@ myboostmobile.com
U.S. Cellular [insert 10-digit number]@ mms.uscc.net
I know those are cellular providers, but ringcentral will have a sub-domain that handles the sms messages. I just want to know if it can be sent to externally and if so what it is. Not sure how the API could help with this.
1 |3000

1 |3000

1 |3000

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered
There does not seem to be an email to SMS gateway for RIngCentral for some reason.  I have wanted this too and seen those other threads.  That said, there may be another way to accomplish the integration you want but it would require some development to create something between your provider and the RingCentral API.
1 |3000

Tony Simek avatar image
Tony Simek answered Phong Vu commented

The links in the comments above are broken. This is still needed.

Here's our use case.

- Notify members of a call queue when a SMS message is sent to that queue

- SMS is relayed via email, but we want to relay the SMS to their RingCentral phones

- We can add outside phones using the phone number carrier options, but RingCentral is not in the carrier drop down so we cannot relay to SMS to their phones without the SMS gateway.

1633040906204.png

1633040906204.png (41.2 KiB)
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I can't open the link above either and I am not aware of a solution to the original question.

But for your particular use case, if are you looking for a feature in RingCentral service Web that you can setup the message forwarding, please ask from the customer community. But I don't think it is possible.

If you want to implement an app to do the job, it is possible and pretty simple though. Let me know so I can help with some sample code.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys