News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Fax: How to customize, or remove fields from the fax cover sheet?
Tags: fax
Jun 19, 2015 at 10:41am   •   13 replies  •  0 likes
andrew-barriskill

We only use RingCentral for faxes. The coversheet shows the Ringcentral number as a phone number making it unusable for us. We need to customize the phone & fax number shown. This forces us to leave the Email subject line blank - a problem because this is how everybody was labeling their faxes for searching (when we used eFax).

12 Answers
answered on Apr 14, 2020 at 1:09pm  
Ring central still has the same problems I've had with them for 5 years. No custom fax cover sheet. Time to start looking for a new service with better customer service. Prices keep going up and the service is worse.

answered on Sep 17, 2019 at 1:29pm  
How do I remove my address from the cover sheet?  i DO NOT want my address on there. 

answered on Jun 26, 2019 at 10:18am  
So how do you remove the main account phone number from the cover sheet so that the phone number assigned to the extension you are faxing from is the only number that appears? I do not use the desktop app, only the website.

answered on Apr 13, 2019 at 4:33pm  
Our facility is using the custom cover sheet provided by ring central.  Upon using this cover sheet we have discovered the recipient's phone number is not merging into the document.  Is the code for the phone number to merge still {Recipient Phone}?

answered on Feb 22, 2019 at 2:01pm  
Here I am two years later and they still have not done it.  I don't think Ringcentral cares what the customer needs....

answered on Mar 7, 2017 at 5:28am  
it seems like a more user friendly customize-able cover page might be a good idea. time will tell if enough people agree and they take it to the higher ups to make it happen.

answered on Mar 3, 2017 at 12:04pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Fax CoverPage Customization.

We only use Ring Central for  Faxing and we want to fax by email, not using the desktop app.  There is no way to remove the phone number assigned by  Ring Central from our fax cover page.  So, every fax we send shows an incorrect phone number for us.

answered on Apr 11, 2016 at 10:34am  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Remove logo from fax cover.. Well, it's the "Future" now.  Where is the improvement?  Can you provide me the stock RingCentral cover pages in word.docx format for editing?  I can only get the .jpg file out of C:\Program Files (x86)\RingCentral for Windows\images\fax

answered on Jun 23, 2015 at 2:44pm  
Mike this still doesnt work.  I loaded a custom cover sheet but when I send a fax from Email it doesnt use it.  We fax from Email not using your app.  How can I get a custom cover sheet when faxing via Email?  Thanks Andrew

answered on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:41pm  
There are several ways, but I think the easiest method is doing it right through the Desktop application. See screenshots below.

1. Open the RC Desktop app and initiate the fax process by clicking the fax icon. 

2.  Click the existing cover page name. (usually English by default)

To simplify you basically click the "sample.docx"  link when you get to the following screen. Edit the doc and save it with a different name.  Then using that same window click the "+" icon to import the file and give it a name int he "Enter Name" field. To save it you click the checkmark on the top right side of the window. After you complete those steps it will show up in the list of cover pages. 

3.  Scroll down and click the "+" symbol. 

4.  Click "sample.docx" to download the template.

5.  Delete the "phone" field or any other field you do not wish to have present on the cover sheet. 

6.  Save the document under a name of your choice. In Word File > Save As.  Then return to the RC Deskopt app and click the Attach File button. You'll be prompted to browse your computer and choose the file name you save the document as. 

7.  Enter a file name in the box shown below and click the "check mark" to save the file. 

8.  Your new custom cover page will appear below the standard pages as shown here. 

answered on Jun 19, 2015 at 12:16pm  
Great.  When I called phone support they said there was nothing I could do.
Are the steps for doing this details somewhere?

answered on Jun 19, 2015 at 10:45am  
Hi Andrew, you can just download the Custom cover sheet, delete the phone number field or any other fields, save it, and import it back in as a custom cover sheet.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us