question

jeff-secord3581 avatar image
jeff-secord3581 asked Nicholas Guan edited

Sandbox password not received - reset not working

Hi,

I'm creating an App in the developer portal and I don't have the password for the sandbox environment. We didn't receive it by email. If I try to reset it, the system asks for a security answer that was not set. (childhood nickname)

Could you please reset our sandbox password? I already submitted a help ticket with the developer support team but I haven't heard back.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered Nicholas Guan edited
I met a similar issue before. I checked the Credentials tab of my app and scroll down to the bottom. Information on that page told me that the password was sent to xxxx@yyyy.com. I sent an email to xxxx@yyyy.com to ask for help and got my issue resolved.
5 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

dev-dev3594 avatar image dev-dev3594 commented ·
You were lucky. The OP, myself and several other (from what I can glean from other posted questions) are having the problem of the credentials just not being sent. The credentials tab of the app says it was sent to the correct email address but it wasn't (and it's not in the junk folder). I don't know if they use a separate SMTP server that is problematic for sending sandbox credentials - because I received my main account information just fine upon sign up but the sandbox information was never sent/received. BTW, are you the Tyler Long who worked on the .Net RingCentralSDK?
0 Likes 0 ·
Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

The developer support team is supposed to reply to your ticket as soon as they can. If not, please resend your ticket, maybe your request is in their spam folder?

Yes, I am tylerlong on GitHub. If you have any issues with C# SDK, please create issues for me on GitHub.

0 Likes 0 ·
jennifersimmonds15929 avatar image jennifersimmonds15929 commented ·
i'm not getting a password to reset mine and cannot log in to my boss's office where everyone else is, and she says i'm in there but i can't get in. This is disgusting.  I've asked for password twice, not received it, not in spam, nothing.
0 Likes 0 ·
jennifersimmonds15929 avatar image jennifersimmonds15929 commented ·
I just had to log in thru facebook which is NOT how my company had me logged in. I created accidentally my own account and can invite my boss but cannot get in to the office chat glip where my work is!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Jennifer, 

You did not provide enough background information so I really cannot help you with.

Please create a new post and make a clear question so we can assist you.

Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys