question

Nitika D avatar image
Nitika D asked Suyash Joshi commented

Switch App type from Private to Public

I have an app in the Testing environment which I developed using the RingCentral API, the type shows as Private - I wish to have it changed to Public. How do I change the app type?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

Once the app is created you cannot change that feature. The best you can do is to clone the app and make necessary modification in the clone app and then remove the original app

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Chaitali avatar image
Chaitali answered

Yes, it applies for both public and private apps

1 |3000

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered

The best option is to create a new app by selecting it as public and then give the required permissions to use that app

1 |3000

Leonard leWang avatar image
Leonard leWang Deactivated answered Suyash Joshi commented

You can contact the RingCentral Support team through https://developers.ringcentral.com/support.html and submit a help ticket regarding the issue.

1 comment
1 |3000

Suyash Joshi avatar image Suyash Joshi commented ·

yes submit a ticket and just provide a reason for changing to "public" - I suppose you want to eventually publish to the App Gallery and the support team should be able to do it for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys