question

Kevin Duhé avatar image
Kevin Duhé asked Welcome edited

Random user now Super admin/Owner

Full disclosure. We are currently using RC as a company chat only, but are evaluating it as a full phone system for our employee base of ~80.

In 2020 a marketing employee Jesse H created our company profile and invited all users. He made myself Super admin and for a couple of years we had no issues. Then about 18 months ago, he and I tried to delete a user. We found we no longer had those privileges. We found that a random employee of ours, who worked for us for about 6 months and was fired, was now Super Admin/Owner.

In order to login as that person I resurrected her email address, for which we now pay for monthly. We have no option to remove her, we have no option to demote her, and we have no idea how this happened in the first place.

I have contacted support many times about this. I realize we are currently free customers and support is likely non-existent. However earlier this week I spoke to a gentleman who assured me this would be taken care of. He opened a support case, said a developer would get back to me. After we hung up, he sent me an email asking me to fill out a Credit Card application attached (there was nothing attached to the email). Confused I replied and asked if we were being charged. I get it, we are free customers, maybe support costs a few bucks. But there was no mention of that on the phone call. I never received a reply to that email.

Today I replied to follow up. I have learned that my case was closed and there are no intentions of RC working on it.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? How to solve it? We wish to use RC as a full phone system, but these quirks and rude/nill support is making us think otherwise.

In case a RC employee reads this, our case number is/was 21923073, Animal Behavior College. ref:!00D800aRUX.!500Hr01iRdBe:ref

Thanks in advance for any feedback on the matter.

admin portalapp administration
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hi @Kevin Duhé, we're looking into your concern.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Duhé avatar image Kevin Duhé mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

OK thank you. I have DMed your twitter account. They recommended that I email this to community.support@ringcentral.com, which I have. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Welcome avatar image Welcome commented ·

I think the credit card form is not for you to pay for support, but an alternative way to verify your identity. Once that's out of the way it should be easy for RC support to make you an admin from their backend.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app