News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
The number you have dialled is temporality unavailable
Tags: rest api, sandbox
Dec 9, 2020 at 7:14pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
Catherine Kirkland

I have set up an app that calls a web hook on an incoming call and managed to do soon initial testing fine by calling the main number. I have moved the app to the clients account and have it in the sandbox, but when I call the main number (sandbox) I get a voice response "The number you have dialled is temporality unavailable" and that is all I get. The configuration looks to be the same as my developer account, and I am at a bit of a loss at working out what is happening.

Any help would be appreciated .

5 Answers
answered on Dec 13, 2020 at 7:16pm  

I still have had no luck with the phone number, ultimately what I am trying to achieve is to get our app promoted to Production.

We have setup a web hook subscription, and are trying to make valid calls to get the Call Control permission validated, but with the phone number rejecting our call we are going round in circles. We are not using any other Call Control features in our app and don't have anything setup to validate another way.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can get validated?

on Feb 4, 2023 at 2:51am   •  0 likes

Hi @Catherine Kirkland is this your issue resolved...I'm too getting the same issue..?

if it is resolved then you might help to solve the same issue..?

on Dec 14, 2020 at 8:17am   •  0 likes

I could say that your app has nothing to do with the problem where you cannot dial a number even from your mobile phone. It is just your customer's phone number/phone setup.

I recommend you open a support ticket so the developer support team can set up a call to walk you thru.

answered on Dec 10, 2020 at 12:57pm  

I have tried calling form my iPhone and through the RingCentral website, and I am getting the same issue in both cases.

on Dec 11, 2020 at 7:52am   •  0 likes

I still don't get what you do and what is going on. "calling form my iPhone and through the RingCentral website". What is "through the RingCentral website"? How do you call a website?

It's so hard to understand your original question. These questions are for you to answer

1. "I have set up an app that calls a web hook on an incoming call and managed to do soon initial testing fine by calling the main number". Explain this . Is this because of your app, you could call the main company number?

2. "I have moved the app to the clients account and have it in the sandbox". How? how did you move an app from your account to your client account?

3. "but when I call the main number (sandbox) I get a voice response "The number you have dialled is temporality unavailable" and that is all I get." Is this something related to your app? Without your app involved in this, can your client make a call to any number in its sandbox account?

answered on Dec 10, 2020 at 11:07am  

I have been trying the phone, and that is the recorded message I am getting

answered on Dec 10, 2020 at 11:20am  

@Catherine Kirkland What @Phong Vu mean to say that have you tried dialing the same number with your personal phone or any other phone for testing? If yes, are you getting the same message that you got from RingCentral?

answered on Dec 9, 2020 at 7:40pm  

Simple test, can you dial that number using your phone?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us