News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Inbound/Outbound faxes queueing
Tags: rest api
Dec 9, 2019 at 5:05am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Angelo Bevilacqua

1 - Outbound faxes :

Does the API queue outbound faxes coming from the same FROM fax number ?

That is, if I send two faxes using the same FROM fax number to two different external fax numbers, will they interfere with each other ?

2 - Inbound faxes :

If there are two incoming faxes at the some time to the same fax number, will they interfere with each other. Is it the same as with a real fax machine - one of the incoming faxes will get a busy signal ?

1 Answer
answered on Dec 9, 2019 at 11:03am  

1. Outbound faxes will be queued. Each fax message will be sent based on the parameters you specified for that fax. So no interference. All you need to take care when sending multiple fax messages sequentially if not to exceed the API rate limit.

2. Correct, while the system is receiving an incoming fax, the line is busy.

on Dec 9, 2019 at 2:37pm   •  0 likes

1. Is that true even if sending more than one fax to the same external fax number (at the same time) from different FROM fax numbers ?

on Dec 9, 2019 at 2:59pm   •  0 likes

Yes, each time you call the "fax" API, it is an individual fax message. It does not matter if it is from the same or different number. The only thing for you to take care is that in order to sen from different numbers, you have to login your app with different users.

on Sep 20, 2022 at 9:52am   •  0 likes

@Phong Vu You mentioned it would be busy for a second fax if there were two inbound faxes at the same time. Is this still the case? This page https://www.ringcentral.com/fax/features/how-it-works.html#accordeon-4 under "never get busy signals" states "Receive faxes simultaneously and get instant alerts by SMS, email, on your computer —even if you’re on the phone. " how is it possible to utilize this capability so we don't have to worry about more than 1 fax being transmitted to us at the same time?

on Sep 20, 2022 at 10:09am   •  0 likes

I am not sure about that statement. I don't have the specs so I cannot confirm how it should works for inbound faxes. It also takes lots of efforts to test to verify this. I can't remember my tests cases. But if you still observed that the line is busy then it is the same situation.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us