News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Inbound faxes - partial receive / receive error
Tags: rest api
Dec 9, 2019 at 4:51am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Angelo Bevilacqua

I am using the MessageStore api to detect/retrieve inbound faxes.

I noticed that sometimes the fax attachment is not complete and when I look in the call log I see entries with Partial Receive and/or Receive Error as a result.

I don't see anything in the message store which corresponds to the result in call log.

What can I do to make sure that the inbound fax retrieved from the MessageStore did not have an error?

I saw a post regarding something similar which mentioned to use the Call Log api but how can I find the corresponding entry in the call log based on what is returned from the MessageStore?

4 Answers
answered on Dec 20, 2019 at 2:31pm  

Sorry for the mistake. Yes, "Detailed"

That's weird. If you can, install the RingCentral JS SDK and run this Node JS code. It works reliably for me.

var SDK = require('ringcentral')

RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID = ''
RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET = ''
RINGCENTRAL_SERVER = 'https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com

var rcsdk = new SDK({
      server: RINGCENTRAL_SERVER,
      appKey: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTID,
      appSecret: RINGCENTRAL_CLIENTSECRET
  });
var platform = rcsdk.platform();
platform.login({
      username: "USERNAME",
      password: "PASSWORD",
      extension: "101"
      })
      .then(function(resp) {
        platform.get('/account/~/call-log', {
            dateFrom: "2019-12-18T03:00:00.000Z
            direction: ['Inbound'],
            view: "Detailed"
        })
        .then(function (resp)
          for (var record of resp.json().records){
            console.log(JSON.stringify(record)
          }
        });
      });

answered on Dec 18, 2019 at 1:25pm  

@Phong Vu can you please help me with issue ?

Thanks

answered on Dec 9, 2019 at 3:14pm  

Call log response:

{"uri":".../call-log/...?view=Simple","id":"CpSiFh7qkee_DUA","sessionId":"12791151","startTime":"2019-12-09T19:20:36.456Z","duration":50,"type":"Fax","direction":"Inbound","action":"Incoming Fax","result":"Received","to":{"phoneNumber":"+1650513XXXX","extensionId":"1426275520"},"from":{"name":"CHICAGO      IL","phoneNumber":"+1312982XXXX","location":"Chicago, IL"},"message":{"uri":"https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store/1099870668021","id":"1099870668021","type":"Fax"},...

Message store response:

{"uri":".../message-store?direction=Inbound&messageType=Fax&availability=Alive&dateFrom=2019-12-08T23:03:00.000Z&page=1&perPage=100","records":[{"uri":"https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store/1099870668021","id":1099870668021, ...

You can see the ids are the same.

answered on Dec 9, 2019 at 10:31am  

The 2 endpoints, call-log and message-store have different purposes.

1. The call-log is for getting activities and status of voice and messaging including fax of extensions. It does not matter if a voice call or a fax was sent or received successfully, it always logs whatever happens to an extension.

2. The message-store is for getting SMS, voicemail, fax messages' metadata and the message itself. For inbound messages, the system saves the metadata and the message to the message store only after a message is received successfully. For outbound messages, the system saves the message metadata and the final status regardless of if the message was sent successfully or not. Message status can be one of these Queued, Sent, Delivered, DeliveryFailed, SendingFailed, Received.

I believe that the message Id of a message is identical between the call log and the message store content.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us