News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
How can I change the "Play announcement before connecting" message to the default one?
Tags: call forwarding, announcements
Sep 22, 2020 at 4:40am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Paula Shepherd

On a particular user extension, there is a custom recording set for the annoucement that is played before a call is accepted on a non-ringcentral number (A mobile number for example).

I want to switch this back to the default announcement. But I cannot find this anywhere. Does anyone know where this is stored?

4 Answers
answered on Sep 23, 2020 at 6:15am  

Thanks for the clarification. For the "play announcement" we have to tick the "Include mailbox name in announcement"

If still doesn't kick in. You have to create a case into our portal. Click here to create a case. Thanks for your patience.

answered on Sep 25, 2020 at 6:00am  

Ah thats great thanks - it was that tick box - include mailbox name in announcement - that was producing the customized audio message. Thats what I was trying to remove, so thats perfect, thanks very much for your help.

answered on Sep 22, 2020 at 7:36am  

Hello Paul!

You can change it in user greeting.

Also, you can check all the types of greetings we have in our account. Thank you!

answered on Sep 23, 2020 at 12:43am  

Hi Jenn thanks for the quick reply. I have checked that setting and it is already unticked.

Possibly I did not explain correctly but the setting that I am refering to is here -

user list > user > call handling and forwarding > settings > edit incoming call information > play announcement > Play announcement before connecting.

I have this configured as "for non-ringcentral phones only" and it kicks in when I configure a user to be forwarded on to a mobile number - when the user answers the call on their mobile, they receive a custom message advising them to press 1 to receive the call. I want to know where I can configure a custom (or default) recording for that announcement.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us