News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to handle sending text-messages to list of recipients
Tags: rest api
Oct 18, 2019 at 4:32am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
Nick Dyson

Good morning!

I need to send one text-message to approximately 500 people.

Can you tell me how I can handle it? Should it be 40 different POST requests per minute, or should I add all 40 in the POST body and make just one request?

2 Answers
answered on Oct 21, 2019 at 3:17am  

Good morning!

I've done it as you said. But why do I get 429 errors, when I not out of limit?

answered on Oct 18, 2019 at 7:54am  

Hi Nick,

First of all, please read this document for detailed information about using SMS.

Recently, we introduce the Toll Free SMS feature and it is meant for A2P (Application to Person) SMS. Right now, the sending rate for Toll Free SMS is also 40 messages per minute. But we are going to increase the rate in the near future. We'll also support the High Volume SMS which enhances our Toll-Free SMS capability to send 3 messages / second or 180 messages / minute. This is over a 4x increase of our current rate of 40 messages / minute. You can click here to sign up for early access.

Back to your question, you have to send each message per post request because if you specify multiple recipient in the "to" array, the system will send as a group message.

If you choose to use the Toll Free SMS now, login your account at https://service.ringcentral.com and add a Toll Free number.

Then you can use this app to send SMS messages to multiple recipients.

If you want to implement such an app yourself, you can clone the project from this github repo and change it as you want to.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us