News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Admin: How do I delete a User?
Tags: delete user
Apr 30, 2015 at 5:45pm   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
kim
To delete an Active User, the user must be disabled with a yellow bubble (see image 1).  After it is disabled the "delete user" will appear under "User Info" (see image 2).

Inactive Users:   If the extension has a gray bubble you either need to activate it to disable it then delete it, or contact support to have it deleted.  Support can ONLY delete a User if there is NO Digital Line (DL) attached...this is due to contract reasons.  If there is a DL attached then you must contact your sales representative. 
  *  (DL meaning a device + a number)

Users > find the extension> then Disable it

After the extension is disabled, it can be deleted. 

4 Answers
answered on Jun 28, 2019 at 6:26am  
I have no idea why RingCentral has to be so freaking complicated...everything is a struggle...Zoom was so easy... 

answered on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:51pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cancel a User. We just had an employee leave, so we want to cancel their user account so we are not charged for this user any longer. We're not ready to hire someone new just yet for this position, but I want to make sure that we can instantly re-add a user and start using this phone right away once we do. Of course that will mean we start paying for that user again.

Just making sure that we can instantly be issued a phone # and start using that IP phone again once needed.

If so, what are the steps for removing that user, taking that phone offline so that we don't pay for that user any longer (until it's needed again).

answered on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:49pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Delete users that were never activated. We just joined RC today and are still learning our way around. We set up some extensions/users that we don't want to keep and they have never been activated.

"Status: Not Activated"

How do we delete these?

answered on Apr 30, 2015 at 5:46pm  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I delete a user from RingCentral?. I could not find a way to delete a user from the RingCentral system. If someone leaves our company, is there a way to remove the user? And by user I mean a user without a digital line assigned.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us