News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is there any special setup that needs to occur in order for me to leverage the caller id when a call is routed through a Contact Center?
Tags: caller id, contact center
Mar 19, 2019 at 12:11pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
megan-molumby

Is there any special setup that needs to occur in order for me to leverage the caller id when a call is routed through a Contact Center? I currently have my application functioning properly in production when a user receives a direct call. However, it is not functioning properly when they receive a call from the call center. I'm trying to trouble shoot to figure out if there is some setting in the call center needs to change or is there an additional call to the API that needs to occur in order to receive a call and query the caller id?

Additionally, when a call is coming from the call center will it lose the originating caller name and caller id?

Background: Application monitors presence, then if incoming call is answered, queries the caller id and name and uses this to lookup patient information.

3 Answers
answered on Jan 12, 2023 at 1:52pm  

Sounds like you have several things going on. I'm not 100% clear on the details so forgive me if I misunderstand.

1. You lose caller ID of the original caller when it goes through the Contact Center. Correct. when you "forward" the call to another system (from MVP to Contact Center or Contact Center to MVP/other system) the new Caller ID is going to be the originating number on that last leg or hop. Depending on the exact sequence there are ways to override or pass the original Caller ID through to the next system. Just depends on which one is on either end of the hop.
  2. The integration is something different. The Caller ID situation above still applies. BUt there is a different way to approach this that may better solve your problem and prevent other challeneges in the future. I am not sure if the call is in MVP or Contact Center but the concept would still potentially apply. You describe the functionality as Background: Application monitors presence, then if incoming call is answered, queries the caller id and name and uses this to lookup patient information. You should not need to monitor presence since the system already does. A more streamlined approach may be to look up that ANI to find the patient match prior to answering the call and then deliver the link to the patient record on your system on answer. You can even use some of the patient info in call routing logic to deliver the caller to the best place as well as simplify some of the challenges you describe.

Just an idea if I am understanding you correctly. But either of these may require reaching out to your Account Manager and potentially Professional Services Hours to help. It will be worth it as they may aleady have done the exact thing you're trying to accomplish before and can have a solution in a fraction of the time.

on Jan 12, 2023 at 1:58pm   •  0 likes

The question was asked in 2019!

answered on Jul 18, 2019 at 2:38am  

Even the sessionId is same in case of blind transfer. Is there a way to link calls in case of warm transfer?

answered on Mar 20, 2019 at 8:52am  
Hi Megan,

Is the contact center number under the same account as the agent number who receives the forwarded call? If so, you can use the presence event filter (var filter = '/restapi/v1.0/account/~/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true') notification at the account level to get notifications for all extensions under that account. Then you can detect the original call to extract the caller id, number, name etc. and match with the forwarded call using the telephonySessionId as they are identical in both original call and the forwarded call.

Let me know if this is the case and if you need further help.

+ Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us