News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Graduation Requirements
Tags: graduation
Oct 12, 2016 at 11:11pm   •   9 replies  •  0 likes
igor-kotenko

Case # 04979227. Hello, I hope you can help. We are struggling to integrate some of the Ring Central services with our web application dumpsterrentalsdepot.ca. Namely, we need to enable our System to send text messages (SMS). Our developer has it done and working in so called sandbox environment and now we need to move the code to production. Please help us to overcome this obstacle: Graduation Requirements We require your app's last two days (yesterday and today, UTC timezone) in the sandbox environment to meet the following requirements. 5+ API calls per each used endpoint (20+ in total) <5% of 4xx errors Exercise all requested permissions

9 Answers
answered on Jul 6, 2019 at 9:59am  

Just to add here for those who find difficult to understand the graduation process, a great documentation here given step by step with explanation and made it simple.

Also, the criteria is explained here very well : https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/911/5-api-calls-per-each-used-endpoint-20-in-total-sns.html

answered on Jun 21, 2019 at 2:57pm  

Just to add here for those who find difficult to understand the graduation process, a great documentation here given step by step with explanation.

Also, the criteria is explained here very well : https://forums.developers.ringcentral.com/questions/911/5-api-calls-per-each-used-endpoint-20-in-total-sns.html

answered on Apr 25, 2017 at 12:34am  
Hello Igor, 

You can find from your setting..
If anything then update me I will help you.

Thank you.

answered on Oct 17, 2016 at 10:52am  
Hello,
I have passed the review and have an issue: what is login and password for Production environment for application? I have main login and password, but when I try to use them, I get error:  "The requested feature is not available".

I use Python RingCentral library
My code

sdk = SDK(settings.RC_APP_KEY, settings.RC_APP_SECRET, settings.RC_APP_SERVER_URL)  platform = sdk.platform()  platform.login(settings.RC_APP_USERNAME, settings.RC_APP_USER_EXT, settings.RC_APP_PASSWORD)      data = {   "to": [{"phoneNumber": phone}],   "from": {"phoneNumber": settings.SMS_FROM_PHONE},   "text": message,   }
res = platform.post(url=settings.SMS_URL, body=data)

And it works in Sndbox environment. What is the account credentials for Production environment? 

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 11:11pm  
Fair enough.  Thank you very much Sir.  I really appreciate your help.  

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 2:10pm  
We do not review your code, we review your code's engagement data with our API (per the graduation requirements).

As far as who is responsible for what...

You (developer) are responsible for getting your application into a state that meets the graduation criteria (as indicated on your application's Status & Review page of the RingCentral Developer Portal), and for pressing the "Apply for Production" button once it has been enabled (happens when your app meets the graduation criteria).

A member of the Platform team is responsible for reviewing your approval request (each workday, Mon-Fri) and ensuring it has not degraded in quality since your approval request was submitted. If everything looks good, your app is approved, else we decline the app and message you via email of the needed improvements.

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 1:57pm  
Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.  Yes, it makes good sense to move the code through the staging environment.  Sorry but I am still a bit fuzzy on who makes the final approval.  In other words, who will evaluate the code in the sandbox and give the final 'go ahead'?  

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 10:12am  
Hello Igor,

No, our software is not bugged/buggy, but we are still in a Beta phase of our Platform's release. The reason we expect all of our developers to begin development in their sandbox account is two-fold:

1. Ensuring you are developing your applications/integrations to operate within our Platform, Engineering, and Operations Team's specifications of acceptable parameters. Since our Platform is still in Beta, we are actively monitoring how developers integrate their software with our Platform actively to ensure we understand and identify common patterns of use/abuse. Doing so provides us the ability to either improve or to put in place the required systems to be proof-positive that when we come out of Beta phase into a GA (Generally Available) phase, our Platform will be at peak operation and readiness.

2. Provide our developers with a safe place to develop their applications/integrations which cannot impact their company's production RingCentral account(s). This may not seem like a wise decision at first, but it has actually saved several developers from harming their company's "hot and live" business communication systems from serious damage due to developers not fully understanding the power and complexity of how their software can impact their company's production business communication systems. We have received praise from several organizations and developers who have developed with the Sandbox account, as they found serious issues which would have caused great impact on their company's business communication data.

I hope this explains the importance of our sandbox accounts, and our graduation requirements in a meaningful way for you sir.

answered on Oct 13, 2016 at 8:37am  
You didn't understand my question.  I was asking how to expedite the deployment.  Why do we need to go through this stuff with the sandbox.  Is your software bugged?  

answered on Oct 12, 2016 at 11:16pm  
Please help yourself to meet the Graduation Requirements, they are quite self-explanatory. If you have any questions feel free to post them here. 

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us