News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS Conversations
Tags: rest api
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:13pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
jason4335

Now that I have sending SMS working on development on the RC API which can be done through our web-based system, I need to figure out how to match incoming messages (responses to our texts) so the "conversation" is shown much like you see in a normal texting conversation (at least until we delete or "close" that conversation say another subject) and start a new one.

We don't need real-time notification like provided through web hooks, because we have a "Message Center" that we check that processes and checks for new emails and it could check for new SMS messages.

From what I can tell in the documentation, you can use the Get Message List call and each message should have a conversation_Id which can be match to the conversation_Id attached to the outgoing message just sent.

First, does that make sense?

Second, assuming it does, would that be the best way to accomplish it?

Thanks,

Jason

2 Answers
answered on Feb 20, 2020 at 11:43pm  

--

answered on Jul 4, 2019 at 12:14pm  

Yes it is... you can use the same conversation ID and that will match with the original message and the reply message. It can create a series of sms as a thread

answered on Mar 14, 2018 at 9:27pm  
Jason,

for SMS mesages Conversation ID is automatically generated basing on a "from" and "to" phone numbers. So all replies will have the same conversation ID and it lets you display conversation threads. So I think your idea is right here.  

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us