News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Is multi-site data present in call log, message log, or phone number list APIs?
Tags: call logs, rest api
Apr 11, 2019 at 2:17pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
matt-spinks

I have been requested to pull call logs and message logs for a RingCentral customer who has the "Multi-site" feature enabled. They requested that I create a separate folder for each "Site".

However, I've been searching around for documentation on the "Multi-Site" feature within the RingCentral API, and I cannot find anything. Is there any way to determine some sort of "SiteId" or "SiteName" from any of the following api end points?

• Company Phone Number List
  • Get Company Call Log Records
  • Get Message List

Or, do any of these other alternatives exists?

• Is there a separate API endpoint that gives me the list of sites for a company/account?
  • Is the SiteID encoded into the ExtensnionID or AccountID?
  • Does each "Site" already correspond to a separate, distinct AccountID?

2 Answers
answered on Apr 11, 2019 at 6:36pm  
That's what I am not sure of. But RingCentral does define a "Multi-Site" feature: https://netstorage.ringcentral.com/datasheets/multi_site_support.pdf.

But I'm just not sure at what level a "site" exists. It could be that a "site" is simply another account that happens to be under the same billing umbrella as several other accounts. In that case, then each "site" would basically be a separate company or account (I presume) from the point of view of the API. And if so, I can handle that. But I'm having trouble finding any documentation whatsoever in regards to "multi-site" technology from the perspective of the API. 

answered on Apr 11, 2019 at 6:24pm  
I am unaware of such feature supported by RingCentral. Is "site" a terminology used by customer only? I remember a customer have several subdomains:  site1.example.com, site2.example.com...etc and they can it multi-site.  If this is the case it has little to do with RingCentral.

It is better to let customer clarify what is a "site".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us