News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
API:getPresenceStatus How can I fetch presences of multiple users at once without exceeding the request limit?
Tags: rest api
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:00am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
ovunc-gursoy

Hi Community,

We are trying to create an external web application that monitors the user's presences(telephony and presence status). We are aware of the request limit which is 50req/min in this situation. We need to find a way to fetch the statuses without exceeding the request limit.
For instance: We have a grid that contains a list of users and need to monitor at least one hundred users at once.
Even if we can set a pagination logic in the grid, it is very easy to exceed the request limit with the current setup. We are stuck right now and we can not find an elegant way to solve the problem.

The API endpoint we use is

https://platform.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountid}/extension/{extensionid}/presence?detailedTelephonyState=true

Any help or ideas is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Answers
answered on Feb 11, 2019 at 7:33pm  
I have a solution that solved this exact same problem by webhook subscription Ring Central offers. I built a cloud api that 'mangaged' the latest update per extension. Keeping that record until another webhook event came in, for that extensionid, came in to update it. When you do this... you can build out your own 'get presence' api call for this new app yoi built, that can eliminate throttled calls, user access to only so many accounts, and the batched call maxed Ring Central provides. Or you can talk to your rep about having thresholds lifted.

answered on Feb 8, 2019 at 10:28am  

Hi Ovunc,

Please estimate the numbers of queries you might need per minute, business justification (like you explain in your question), and send a request for increasing the limit on a help ticket.

+ Phong

answered on Feb 8, 2019 at 7:06am  
Hey Ovunc, I'm going to move this over to our Developer Community where they may have some suggestions :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us