News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
I need help diagnosing an undelivered fax.
Tags: getting started
Nov 28, 2018 at 1:23pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
eric-hodges

I'm testing some Java code to send faxes via RingCentral. Some of my faxes are sent and delivered. Other faxes have get the same response from the REST API, but are never delivered. They are all using the same credentials and going to the same fax number.

When I look in the call logs for the app, I don't see the faxes that weren't delivered.

Both responses look like they succeeded, with a message status of "Queued".

Is there anything I can do to find out what happened to the fax that was never delivered after it left my client?

2 Answers
answered on Nov 29, 2018 at 10:43am  
Follow up:

I was using the Java library provided by RingCentral when I wrote this question.  Since then I have abandoned that library and written my own code.  RingCentral's code depends on OkHttpClient, which spawns threads that never die and tries to hide its connection pool management.  Once I stopped using that and started using an Apache HttpClient all of my faxes are being delivered.  I'm not sure why they weren't when I used the RingCentral JAR.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 5:18pm  
You need to continue to poll the call logs status. "Queued" means the message hasn't been sent yet. If sending is failed you will see the status as "Failed".

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us