News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
No response from php webhook
Tags: sdk
Nov 28, 2018 at 6:04am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
fax12879

I created a subscription in the sandbox with the following event filters:

/presence

/message-store

/message-store/instant?type=SMS

Here is the code for the WebHook php page in the subscription:

$v = $_SERVER['HTTP_VALIDATION_TOKEN'] || '';
  if (strlen($v)>0) {    header("Validation-Token: {$v}");  }    $json_data = file_get_contents('php://input');  $fp = fopen('[path to text file]', 'a');  fwrite($fp, "Webhook event." . " " . $json_data);  fclose($fp);  

I would expect the webhook to be called anytime an event tied to an inbound or outbound SMS occurred. Instead, nothing is happening. It is not a permissions issue with the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers
answered on Nov 29, 2018 at 9:57am  
A security issue on our side prevented the webhook page from writing to a txt file.  Thank you for your help.

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 8:04am  
I think I worked out the issue on our side.  The webhook is now showing results for inbound SMS responding to the original SMS sent via php.   I would like to use the same webhook to send a push notification when the original SMS is sent.  Is that possible?  

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 7:12am  
I agree about the Instant Message event, which is why the subscription also includes Message Store.  This should allow real time notifications for inbound and outbound SMS, correct?

The WebHook is responding with HTTP 200 almost instantly.   It is definitely working since I was able to make the subscription.  If the page was broken, or somehow misconfigured, thenwouldn't the subscription attempt fail when it checked the webhook URL?

How can I confirm the inbound SMS are reaching the Webhook?  Isn't that something triggered from the RingCentral side?

answered on Nov 28, 2018 at 6:49am  
Hi,

Small remark, Instant Message Event works only for Inbound SMS: 
https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference#Inbound-Message-Event

For Subscription with ID "d2bd9725-2604-47d6-8b46-69ceee60ad77" I can see: 
* 5 notifications successfully sent
* 3 failed attempts to send.

I can see a few different reasons for failed attempts - one is negative response from your WebHook Server, i.e. HTTP 500 Internal Server Error. Another is ConnectTimeoutException. 

Could you confirm that at least some of Inbound SMS events successfully reach your  WebHook? Also, make sure WebHook responds with HTTP 200 and within 3 seconds. 

Thanks,
Igor

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us