News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Can I subscript to other extension's SMS event?
Tags: sdk
Feb 23, 2018 at 8:11am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
arnold-mo

I have an urgent question about subscript to SMS message-store event. If I am an administrator, can I subscript to other extension's SMS event so that I receive the SMS that belongs to their number?

I found the following two links about the present event, but I am just not sure about the SMS event and if it will work for the direct number of other extensions.

https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/read-sms-message-on-another-account

https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/fyfygcftg

Can you please confirm?

2 Answers
answered on Aug 29, 2018 at 9:42am  
Is there any movement on this enhancement request? I currently have a need to archive all SMS in a CRM. It looks like in order to do this I need to iterate over each extension authorizing each request with the user's password. That would mean I need to store the passwords and hope I get notified if someone changes theirs :(

answered on Feb 23, 2018 at 9:12am  
Arnold,

in our current version of the product administrators don't have the access to users' messages including SMS. It means that it is impossible to get information about another user messages neither through regular REST call nor via subscription.

There is an enhancement request to implement permission-based access to other user messages but unfortunately I can't provide any estimates now when it will be approved and released.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us