News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Incoming call / open chrome / search CRM
Tags: integrations
Jul 29, 2018 at 12:24am   •   8 replies  •  0 likes
shane-rhoden

Hey! My name is Shane! I've been needing help setting up my RingCentral desktop app (Mac) to open Chrome and then search my CRM for the number calling. Using the "execute commend" under settings in RingCentral desktop (Mac) I can get it to open Chrome using the following command:

open "/Applications/Google Chrome.app"

And I can successfully open my CRM (HubSpot) and search my contacts for the caller number using this command:

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/4253985/contacts/list/view/all/?query=%P

But I cannot do both. What I need to do is combined these two commands into one, but I do not know how to do that. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

8 Answers
answered on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:12pm  
Here is the strange part, when I click the test button it doesnt open two tabs. It only does it when I receive a call. Maybe its my call que settings? What are you thoughts?

answered on Aug 1, 2018 at 12:40pm  
Hey Brandon! I have a question. I'm using the code you sent me. It is working, but I'm having a small error. When the call comes in, it opens two browser windows in Chrome for the one call. It did this before with my old code as well. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you so much!

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 9:27pm  
No worries.  I am glad to hear it worked. Enjoy.

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 9:24pm  
Brandon! Thank you SO SO SO much! It worked! I've been trying to figure that out for weeks. You are awesome! Is there anything I can do  to show my gradiude?

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 8:40pm  
Thank you so much! I appreciate you!

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 6:19pm  
Hey Brandon,

I've actually already read this article. Rather it's not working or I'm not doing something right. Can someone help me combining those two commands?

Thank you so much!

Shane

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 9:48am  

answered on Jul 30, 2018 at 6:56am  
Hey Shane! I'm going to move your question over to our Developers Community. They may be able to better assist you :)

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us