News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How do I create a Direct Ring Out using RingCentral Phone API?
Tags: ringout, rest api
Jul 1, 2018 at 6:48pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
adam-antoszewski

How do I create a Direct Ring Out using RingCentral Phone API?

We have a .Net application that interacts with RC Phone via API. I am able to make a call (Ring Out), but then both caller and callee get a call. How do I make a direct call using an API where only the receiver gets a call and the caller gets a new open call on the softphone?

4 Answers
answered on Jul 4, 2018 at 6:03am  

Thanks Tyler, I have automated an external soft phone by opening rcmobile://call?number=1650xxxxxx and it appears to be working well. It is also the simplest solution.

Since we are doing this from a webpage,  the form needs: 'method=post'

here is the code:

$("#rcCallButtonForm").attr("action", "rcmobile://call?number=%22" + extension + "%22");

answered on Jul 2, 2018 at 9:16am  
Does this number need to be in user contacts? rcmobile://call?number=1650xxxxxx
Also, is this the number or account id?
What is the expected result? RC softphone activating and starting the call?

answered on Jul 1, 2018 at 8:07pm  
Your app is unable to make "direct" call if it's neither a hard phone nor a soft phone.  In order for your app to become a soft phone, you can use webRTC: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone

Your app can also automate an external soft phone by opening rcmobile://call?number=1650xxxxxx
So that external soft phone make the direct call for you.

answered on Jul 1, 2018 at 7:16pm  
Not sure if it's possible using the .net sdk or via the api. I've built a "softphone" like application with windows forms using c#. It's more of a access gateway to ring central. Where actions taken on this application hits specific endpoints for the user to see. Giving the impression of a softphone. With that said... any dial out on my application uses the Ring Out api. Initiating the call from my app will "ring out" to the user's phone first. This requires my user to answer first. When Ring Central registers they picked the phone up, the ring cental backend will complete the call to what ever number was punched in. The direct ring out I believe you're trying to get at (IE: skipping the user picking up the phone first), is done with javascript using WebRTC. The call is placed and takes place via the web. The unfortunate thing here is the absence of the physical desk phone. Cool technology, just not ready for the .net applications yet. Hope my experience sheads some insight and value.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us