News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Users
Ring Central App doesn't ring
Tags: phone
Jun 26, 2017 at 7:40am   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
Sarah Whittington

Hello, my Ring Central App doesn't ring at all. I just get a message pop up informing me of a missed call and voicemail is usually left. Sometime my phone lights up as if I touched a button then goes dark again, but nothing on my screen at a to show me it's ringing until it's too late.I use an i Phone iOS 10.3.2. it's a US account but I use mine in the UK when i'm on good/strong wifi. It did used to ring when I first had it but stopped a few months ago. I'm hoping you can help.

on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:57am   •  0 likes

Yes- it rings for text and messages but not phone calls.

on Feb 1, 2023 at 12:27pm   •  0 likes

Hi @Overland Park, are you getting this issue when someone calls the main company number or direct calls?

on Feb 6, 2023 at 7:01am   •  0 likes

When someone calls the main number.

on Feb 6, 2023 at 9:40am   •  0 likes

I submitted a Support Ticket for your issue. The case number is 17470894. You can check the status of it when you log in to https://support.ringcentral.com/.

on Feb 2, 2023 at 7:38am   •  0 likes

When someone calls the main number ending in 8492. I have my app on my phone set to Silence incoming Calls (not chosen) and the app reads "incoming calls will ring on this app.

on Feb 2, 2023 at 9:02am   •  0 likes

Thanks for the information. How about when someone calls your extension directly?

on Feb 1, 2023 at 10:47am   •  0 likes

I am having this same problem. How do I fix?

on Feb 1, 2023 at 11:08am   •  0 likes

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread yet?

on Aug 28, 2018 at 11:57am   •  0 likes
Hi,

We are having a similar problem. My colleague's RC iPhone app only rings sometimes. Sometimes the length of the ring is very short, not providing her enough time to locate her phone and respond to the call. Sometimes it does not ring at all, and she only sees a notification about a missed call/voicemail. I have attached screenshots of her settings. 

Thanks!
on Feb 26, 2019 at 7:53am   •  0 likes
My phone won't ring thru the mobile app.
on Jul 28, 2022 at 7:04am   •  0 likes

I know its a dated post, but has anyone gotten a solution to the app not ringing? mine has not been working consistently, and I feel like a pin ball being bounced back and forth to try to find a reason.

on Jul 28, 2022 at 2:05pm   •  0 likes

@Annie DiCenzo Can you confirm that you have uninstalled and reinstalled?
Have you tried any of the recommendations listed below?
Screen shots are helpful too.

1 Answer
answered on Jul 29, 2020 at 8:07pm  
Hello Sez,

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Could you post screen shots of your current call settings? Tap the icon on the top left-hand side (where a picture can go) -> Tap Call Settings

Next, have you checked your iPhone's settings for the RC Mobile App? On your iPhone go to Settings -> Notifications -> Find the RC Mobile App -> What Notifications are Allowed? Could you post a screen shot?

Thank you!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us