News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Incorrect account information when resetting password for Production app
Tags: log in, developer sandbox
Jun 13, 2018 at 9:56pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
thuy-nguyen

Finally, I was able to publish my app to Production. However how many times I tried, I got the same error "Incorrect account information." when Resetting Password.

My sandbox app is working as expected. I also tried using current RingCentral password of production account which I always used to sign into https://service.ringcentral.com but then got an error when requesting a token

{

"error" : "invalid_grant",

"error_description" : "Invalid resource owner credentials",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "OAU-140",

"message" : "Invalid resource owner credentials"

} ]

}

3 Answers
answered on Oct 9, 2019 at 6:26am  

Hello,

I am running in to the same issue when trying to move from our Sandbox to Production. I have tried the workarounds above. When I try to just enter the account number without the extension, I receive a warning that our account has SSO enabled. I then log in via SSO and am just brought to the home page of RC.

Our application is using the password flow, so we need to be able to reset the password for our account so we can get our access and refresh tokens for the Production environment. We have a ticket open with support and have gotten no where.

How can we reset the extension 101 account's password? Is there another workaround?

answered on Jun 14, 2018 at 5:47am  
Hi Long,

Yes, sandbox account and production account are different. I clicked on Reset Password of the Production one and I was not able to reset password with error  "Incorrect account information."

I used password flow to get a toke and was able to request a token using sandbox account. Following is the code to request a token (I used RestSharp)

var client = new RestClient("https://platform.ringcentral.com");
            client.Authenticator = new HttpBasicAuthenticator("production-app-id", "production-app-secret");
            var request = new RestRequest("/restapi/oauth/token", Method.POST);
            request.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
            request.AddParameter("grant_type", "password");
            request.AddParameter("username", "+16xxxxxxx01");
            request.AddParameter("extension", "101");
            request.AddParameter("password", "production-password");
            var response = client.Post(request);

answered on Jun 13, 2018 at 10:25pm  
Hi Thuy,

Please note that you can not use sandbox account for production or vice versa.  It seems that you are aware of this.

"Invalid resource owner credentials" means username or password is wrong.  In theory, as long as you can login https://service.ringcentral.com , you should also be able to get a token.

Could you please show me how did you try to request a token? Show me some sample code (do NOT post your password here).

Tyler

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us