News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Can I see the call recording duration from the call record?
Tags: phone
Mar 13, 2018 at 1:02pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
matt-spinks

I'm working on a requirement for a customer, and I need to find calls in the call log where the recording duration is > 60 seconds. Within the call record, I see the property "duration", which pertains to the entire call. The problem is that sometimes my client's customers opt-out of the recording, and so the recording length is around 10-12 seconds, even though the actual call duration (indicated by the duration property) is anywhere from 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Is there any way that I can obtain the duration of the recording from either the call record, or from the recording info record? Or, alternatively, is there a way that I can see if the caller "opted out" of the recording?

1 Answer
answered on Mar 13, 2018 at 2:29pm  
Hi Matt,

I am afraid that it is the current limitation of the call-log API's response. You may need to first, download all recorded calls with the duration > 70 (or can be a bit greater number) then use some audio library to detect the actual duration of the files. I know this is not a perfect solution but it helps to solve the problem for now.

Kind regards,
Phong Vu

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us