News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call recording format MP3 / WAV
Tags: phone
Feb 12, 2018 at 7:19am   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
engineering-api-access

I have had the call recording format changed from mp3 to wav. It was explained that this is an account wide setting. I am still getting some new recordings in mp3 and some in wav format. Is there another setting that is missing? Is does this setting only apply to new extensions added to the system after the change?

4 Answers
answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 2:06pm  
Thank you again Anton,

I had thought that the account was set to default all new users to wav format.  If you are able to find out about any settings that could help I would appreciate it. I could transcode the file but it seems strange to do that if RingCentral can provided it in the required format it with just a few settings changes.

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 9:52am  
Actually we don't have neither the way to choose the format while downloading (i.e. to convert files on the fly) nor the way to configure the format programmatically. Probably you can utilize 3rd party conversion service e.g. https://aws.amazon.com/elastictranscoder/. If you are interested I can explore if there is the way to preset WAV as a default format for account, so all new users will get this setting automatically (but it is definitely possible to set the format for all existing users - you should contact customer support for it).

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 9:29am  
Thank you for your quick reply Anton,

I failed to mention that I am downloading the call recordings using the RingCentral REST API.

I am required to download all call recording in wav format; does this mean that every new and existing extension needs to be set from mp3 to wav by RingCentral?  From what I understand, users don't have access to this setting.  Perhaps there is something that I have missed in the REST API that would allow me to request a specific format?

answered on Feb 12, 2018 at 7:50am  
This setting can be changed at user level not the whole account. So it can depend on who is the owner of particular call leg and corresponding recording.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us