News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Can I have a Glip bot in multiple companies / Glip instances?
Tags: getting started
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:56pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
mg8729

I have the following use case:

* A user from Glip (it could be any Glip) needs to be able to interact with 'our app'.

* Our app needs to update a DB and respond to the user based on what the user entered.

* I'm not sure if it's possible to have a bot that would be integrated in multiple Glips?

* If so, would there be a way to have a button 'Add bot to Glip' on our app? At the moment, I see that button in the dev console and it seems like this would link it to the corresponding glip VS the current dev account?

* If it's not possible with a bot or if there's something more efficient, how could we achieve that?

4 Answers
answered on Feb 2, 2018 at 8:21am  
Thank you for your answer Embbnux Ji, but I'm not sure I understand your answer.

What would be the process for a customer to add our bot? What do you mean by 'Add to glip button'? 

I saw a 'add to glip' button, but in my  developer.ringcentral.com account when creating the app. Is there a way to add a 'Add to glip' button anywhere (like on our own web app)?

Or would a customer need to create a developer account? If so, how do they 'find' our bot to add it? Is there a catalog of bots when the bot is public?

Ideally, we would want a way for the users to simply click a button and integrate the app or bot in their Glip account, without having to create a Ring Central dev account.

For example on Slack, there's a way to package a bot with a slack app:
https://api.slack.com/bot-users#attaching_bot_users_to_a_slack_app

So that users just have to click a 'install to slack' button that you can put anywhere and adds a bot user into their slack team.

answered on Feb 1, 2018 at 5:19pm  
Hi, Mg,

You can create a Bot in public type. So it can be installed in different account. Every account can install it by 'Add to Glip' button. and it will creates different bot user for different account. When different account install glip bot, your server can get different token.    

You can try this https://github.com/embbnux/botbuilder-glip . it supports public bot.

Thanks

answered on Feb 1, 2018 at 2:21pm  
Hi Phong!

I mean different accounts. Like the company ABC inc has a glip and wants these features, then the company Cleaning inc also has a glip and wants these features, etc.

answered on Feb 1, 2018 at 2:07pm  
Hi Mg,

Just want to clarify one thing before I'll look into a solution for your problem.
Saying "any glip" and "multiple glips" do you mean "any glip channels under the same account" or from different accounts? 

Thanks,
Phong

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us