News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
SMS 403 error
Tags: getting started
Jan 24, 2018 at 2:27pm   •   5 replies  •  0 likes
sami-sam

I am testing sending a SMS and each time I get a 403 error although I have authorization from the client account. Is it an account limitation or there is something else??!! Thank you!

5 Answers
answered on Jul 2, 2019 at 11:46pm  

Until and unless the response code with error message is given here, it's difficult to say about the reason of the 403 error. It may be of many reasons like invalid client, invalid grant_type etc.

You need to provide the error code in the response here

answered on Jun 23, 2019 at 4:19am  

Until and unless the response code with error message is given here, it's difficult to say about the reason of the 403 error. It may be of many reasons like invalid client, invalid grant_type etc.

You need to provide the error code in the response here

answered on Jan 29, 2018 at 10:26am  
To get a list of valid SMS numbers, list your phone numbers by calling the 'account/~/extension/~/phone-number' endpoint and then filter by phone numbers with the 'SmsSender' feature.

Here is some documentation on this:

http://ringcentral-api-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/messages_sms-and-pager/#listing-valid-sms-sendi...

answered on Jan 26, 2018 at 3:58am  
Hi,

403 is HTTP Code. Also you should be provided with response body having additional details like errorCode and appropriate message, e.g.:

HTTP 403
{    "errorCode" : "FeatureNotAvailable",    "message" : "The requested feature is not available",    "errors" : [ {      "errorCode" : "MSG-242",      "message" : "The requested feature is not available"    } ]   }
In RC logs I can see 3 different error codes for your account: 
# MSG-242 //Sending SMS is not available from the number specified.
# MSG-304 //Phone number doesn't belong to extension
# MSG-240 //Specified recipient [${toPhoneNumber}] isn't an US phone number

Please advise if you still have any questions.

Thanks,

answered on Jan 25, 2018 at 7:23am  
thank you for your reply,
here is my function it practically send a message through the java rest api the uri are ok and the only important thing here are the phone numbers message.sendSms("myaccount-phone", "to-phone", "this is me if you get this acknowledge");the to-phone is a mobile phonethe response doesn't specify any error message besides 403another thing this is a sandbox accountthank you

answered on Jan 25, 2018 at 12:49am  
Hi Sami,

Could you please provide request and response? The might be a different reasons of 403 Forbidden response, e.g. SMS feature is not available, ineligible Phone Number, insufficient User/Application permissions, etc. 

Thanks!

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us