News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Javascript SDK Issue with Internet Explorer logging in
Tags: sdk
Oct 30, 2017 at 1:16pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
lee

So long story short as we can't use RingOut as a super admin with another users extensionID per this topic I downloaded the Javascript SDK and basically used the demos that were provided.

This works fine in Chrome but I have end users using Internet Explorer (and can not use Chrome for various reasons) and what we're seeing is users are getting a blank page after logging in to RingCentral and authorizing our app.

The blank page is our return page i.e. demo/oauth/redirect.html

F12 browser developer tools shows error "RingCentral" is undefined. Are there issues with this SDK and Internet Explorer 11?

4 Answers
answered on Nov 1, 2017 at 4:55pm  
I have resolved my problem but not by continuing to use the Javascript SDK..  per https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js/issues/90 there are some things you can do if you're having this issue including stopping various .html pages from caching (this seemed to work for some end users but not all).

I simply went back to the C# SDK and built a couple of pages to send and receive authentication token so then I can RingOut as that user server side. Bypasses any issues with JavaScript and my end users who are on various OS and browsers.

I tried to save development time by using their JavaScript SDK demos (I thought they'd work out of the box) but a couple of hours work just building it via C# would have saved me days of annoyance.

I still don't know what the root cause was except it's Internet Explorer related.

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 2:33pm  
Appears the issue is with some users having Compatibility Mode turned on in Internet Explorer.

I managed to recreate locally so will be going to my end users and seeing if this is the case.

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 1:50pm  
Lee,

Can you post your WhatsMyBrowser.org URL to give our team more information on this? For example:

https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/b/UC9FH87

Since this may be a SDK issue, you can also post this to the SDK's GitHub issues page (along with the WhatsMyBrowser URL) to get more attention from the SDK maintainers who can confirm IE 11 support.

https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js/issues

Thanks

answered on Oct 30, 2017 at 1:39pm  
Hi Lee,

The error could be due to the fact that IE is not able to access the RingCentral package ( SDK ) while Chrome can. 

This could be because parsing the JS files on both the browsers could be different. How is the RingCentral Package made available to the browser?

1.) Do you provide the cdn?
2.) Do you provide the bundled version of the package downloaded either from npm,bower etc

I do not see any mistake with the SDK unless there is something being missed on your end. Could you please provide the code for us to look into.

Thanks !

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us