News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Programmatically dial a number
Tags: getting started
Sep 17, 2017 at 10:23am   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
jason

Hi,

I'm new to the Ring Central developer community - although my company has been using Ring Central for a while now.

We are investigating ways to programmatically dial the telephone number of a new lead from our Ring Central number.

Reviewing the API docs, the best option I can see there is the RingOut service, where-by the from number is one of our Ring Central numbers and the to number is that of the lead. From my understanding the ring-out will call our number and the to number, and connect the 2 once they are answered.

Is this the correct understanding of the service and could it meet our requirements?

Many thanks,

Jason

2 Answers
answered on Sep 17, 2017 at 6:05pm  
Yes the ringout API will work. You can also use the web-phone SDK https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone which allows you to make phone calls directly from your browser.

answered on Sep 17, 2017 at 10:55am  
My company recently completed a task similar to this.  We used the RingOut Api functionality to accomplish this goal.  Be mindful of the number of RingOut Requests you will be making per minute.  There's a set number of api hits you can make per minute.  I highly recommend reading up on the documentation around that specific api, so you don't get bogged down having to wait during the throttle period.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us