News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
subscription presence stopped working after couple of hours, sometimes after couple of days, I still can make a call but no presence.
Tags: sdk
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:45pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
hadi-moghisi

Hello,

I am working on the sdk for few months and I have the following issue:

subscription presence stopped working after couple of hours, sometimes after couple of days, I still can make a call but no presence.

I am using version 1.0.0 from github, also when I use latest ring central sdk from nuget nothing works.

I tried plenty of things and I found when I logged off and log back in after second attempts presence will stop also sometimes Subscription_ConnectEvent raise with very long delay and presence not working as well, is there any issue with pubnub.

when I close the program and run it again it works but it will stop after awhile.

Regards,

2 Answers
answered on Aug 25, 2017 at 5:36pm  
Hi Hadi,

I saw the issue on GitHub and I replied there: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client/issues/15

Here is my reply:

A quick workaound is to Renew the subscription hourly: https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client/blob/master/RingCentral/SubscriptionService.cs#L108

By default it auto renews, but maybe there are network issues or other issues which prevents it to renew successfully. So we Renew it manually every hour(by creating a timer).

I am using version 1.0.0 from github, also when I use latest ring central sdk from nuget nothing works.

Do you mean subscription or everything doesn't work?

answered on Aug 25, 2017 at 3:23pm  
Hi Hadi,

I presumed that you are using the C# SDK (coz you mentioned about getting the SDK from nuget).
First of all, please use the ringcentral-csharp-client SDK as the other SDK is now deprecated.

When you see it stops working, it's worth to double check if the push notification has expired (even it's documented that the SDK will renew automatically). You can use the API Explorer to do a quick check.

If the root cause is because of the subscription was expired, then the SDK subscription auto renewal function does not work and it could be a problem in PubNub or the SDK instance corrupted somehow.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us