News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Private application using password flow suddenly stopped working in April
Tags: rest api
Jul 5, 2017 at 1:59pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
travis

We have an application that regularly pulls call log information using the API, The app is set as Private and is in production.

Our application had been running correctly from November until April using the password flow and suddenly it stopped working. When I try to use any REST client to send the oAuth request I get back "Unsupported grant type", which I believe is different than "Unauthorized for this grant type".

The body that we send looks like "username={Username}&password={Password}&grant_type=password" just for example purposes.

Any idea why this is happening?

1 Answer
answered on Jul 5, 2017 at 4:20pm  

The HTTP body implies you are using the Password Flow. You would receive the error "Unsupported grant type" when the permission has been removed by the User on your application.

Could you please provide the name of the RingCentral Application so that we could check and verify if that is the case? You can also email the details of your application to the developer support team or submit a support ticket if you do not wish to expose the name of your application.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us