News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Need username(phone number)
Tags: authentication
Jun 12, 2017 at 6:41pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
hambrise-alan

I am authenticating using authentication flow. i need logged in username () phone number. how to get it?(i need this because i will display logged in username to my customers. )

2 Answers
answered on Jun 13, 2017 at 1:43am  
Hambrise,

any of the phone numbers belonging to account can be used as a username. It can be not only number belonging to particular extension but also main company number if a user provided extension number along with main number to login. It can be also email address. So I don't see much sense of displaying particular phone number which was used to login. In our own sites we usually display first and last name of a user and also main company number and user's extension number.

answered on Jun 12, 2017 at 10:09pm  
Make an API call to "/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~" 

"~" means current authorized user.

If you need the associated phone numbers with the user, send an API call to "/account/~/extension/~/phone-number"

Ref:

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetExtensionInfo

https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefExtensionPhoneNumbers.html

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us