News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Postman collection?
Tags: getting started, rest api
Mar 26, 2017 at 8:41pm   •   4 replies  •  0 likes
Julio Toledo

I love the fact that RingCentral's API explorer lets you kick the tires and test API requests to some extent.

But I sure would love to have a Postman collection of all of RingCentral's cURL methods along with sample form data that I could use to test in both Sandbox and Production modes by simply switching Postman environments...

I looked around on Github but came up empty. Any volunteers?

4 Answers
answered on Apr 28, 2020 at 11:24am  

This looks promising:

https://github.com/grokify/ringcentral-postman

The easiest way to open the collection is in Postman, go to to Import > Import from Link and use this link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/grokify/ringcentral-postman/master/ringcentral-api_spec_openapi2.yaml

answered on Apr 17, 2017 at 9:40am  
Thanks Jonh! I
 had given Swagger to Postman a try but wasn't able to make it happen

answered on Apr 17, 2017 at 8:50am  
I finally got around to looking at this myself and found some things with the RingCentral API made adding customizations useful. Specifically:

• Ability to add Postman scripts (for auth)
  • Ability to override values (for URL hostname: production vs. sandbox)

To address these, I created my own Swagger 2.0 to Postman 2.0 converter which I've posted here:

Note: At the moment, Postman does not natively support JSON request bodies so you will have to enter the JSON bodies yourself using the Body Raw feature. Our API Explorer does support a JSON body request so you can enter properties without having to type in the raw JSON. It may be useful to support example request in Swagger which can be converted to a Postman raw body.

answered on Mar 27, 2017 at 10:44am  
Great suggestion! We are big fans of Postman at RingCentral as well and use it internally. At the same time we are big fans of the ecosystem benefits of a well specified API using Swagger and the Open API Spec which is available on our AP Explorer page:

To convert this spec you can use a variety of Swagger to Postman conversion tools:

Please try it out and let us know how it works for you on the RingCentral Swagger/OAI Spec.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us