News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Developer api account tied to an active RingCentral account
Tags: rest api
Nov 29, 2016 at 2:19pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
matt-spinks

I signed up for a developer api account last year. In doing so, at the time, I had to create an active, paid RingCentral account to attach my app to (api key, etc). We don't use RingCentral, but we want to continue to make our app available for anyone to use. It is currently in the app gallery. Am I able to discontinue my RingCentral account, and keep my app active?

1 Answer
answered on Dec 6, 2016 at 9:32am  
You will need to register as a Partner in order to accomplish the goal you're trying to achieve, or you can cancel your old account (which will also lose the applications you've developed) and create a new Free Developer Account here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/free-tier-sign-up.html

Then while creating your application definition, make sure to set its 'scope' to 'Public', once published, and approved as part of our Partner program, then this application can be made available in the RIngCentral App Gallery for all of our other customers to utilize.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us