News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Call log api request for ALL associated extensions
Tags: call logs, rest api
Sep 8, 2016 at 12:06pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
matt-spinks

Is it possible to query the api for the call log and retrieve the logs for ALL associated extensions? As it stands now, I have to make a separate call for each extension to get all the logs. I see the option to filter by a single extension, but I don't believe I saw the option for all extensions in the parameters for the call log api. But perhaps I am missing something? Is there maybe a certain keyword I can use for the extension parameter that will give me all extensions?

6 Answers
answered on Nov 18, 2016 at 8:43am  
Why is using an admin account just to read the log files for calls incoming/outgoing an acceptable solution? That means I am giving my devs administrative access to my RingCentral which is definitely not a good idea.

answered on Sep 11, 2016 at 6:10pm  
You don't need to ask questions about endpoints here, please help yourself to read the doc: https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html  If you can find that endpoint, then it is supported by the API server.  

Please note that, you need to login in order to read all the endpoints. Otherwise you will only see basic ones.

answered on Sep 9, 2016 at 1:10pm  
Awesome! That did it. Thanks. One more question (and maybe I need to start a new thread for this) - will this same principle work for the message store? For instance, can I hit /restapi/v1.0/account/~/message-store to get the list of messages for ALL extensions?

answered on Sep 9, 2016 at 9:58am  
How is it working Matt? Should be operating like a gem (but remember, you do need to have a user with Account-level viewing permission, typically an administrative account is what I have used successfully in the past.

answered on Sep 9, 2016 at 6:00am  
I'll give that a shot. I don't see that endpoint in the docs. All I see is /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/call-log . But I'll give this a shot and see how it goes...

answered on Sep 8, 2016 at 10:48pm  
Do you need /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/call-log ?  Account level call logs should include all extensions' call logs

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us