News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Webphone: When I call to a directory number, I should be able to send the key signal. How can we do that with Web Phone API?
Tags: sdk
Nov 1, 2016 at 4:06pm   •   6 replies  •  0 likes
janielle

Suppose the user calls to a directory number, i.e., the one that prompts the user to press more keys to continue. The question is how we can do that with RingCentral Web Phone API.

6 Answers
answered on Nov 7, 2016 at 10:14am  
Good job locating the docs. While you were finding those docs, I created this DTMF dialpad demo branch (of my slightly outdated fork of Vyshakh Babji's 3-Legged OAuth version of WebPhone) here: https://github.com/bdeanindy/ringcentral-web-phone/tree/dialpadWithDTMF

It is simple in its construction, and it just outputs the DTMF event to the browser's console, but should suffice as an example for you to use.

answered on Nov 7, 2016 at 9:07am  
Hi Benjamin,

I found the documentation now. Thank you for your help. :D

For the record,
http://sipjs.com/guides/send-dtmf/
https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-web-phone#dtmf

answered on Nov 7, 2016 at 8:43am  
Hi Benjamin,

Is it possible to use DTMF tones via the web phone? If so, where can I find an example of this?

Thanks

answered on Nov 6, 2016 at 8:26am  
For outbound calls, this can be done by providing a dialpad UI to your agent for use.

As stated before, WebPhone is not in a state currently to support inbound calling (since the end-user is unable to authenticate and obtain a registration).

answered on Nov 4, 2016 at 8:18am  
I'm sorry. As I am not a field expert, I'm not sure whether any technical terms would mean what I want to say. So, let me get started with an example.

Suppose I call 1-234-567-8901 via web phone. Once the call is connected, I was prompted to press 123 to continue. (I may be prompted to press more keys to continue during the course of call duration.)

Here are the questions.
  1. How can we use the web phone API to allow the user to press 123 to continue in this case?
  2. If we can do that, could you please tell us how to do that?

answered on Nov 1, 2016 at 11:22pm  
Our current WebRTC implementation (Web Phone) for voice, has been developed for outbound calling use cases.

If you mean you wish to send directory number services (such as information directory number, 411) the key signals (DTMF tones), the agent/operator of the call can use the dial pad interface of your implementation to send these tones.

Is this the use case you are describing?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us