News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
API AUTOMATIC SEND ONLINE FAX
Tags: getting started
Aug 18, 2016 at 8:38pm   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
kraig-qin

I have a small business online food ordering and delivery with local restaurant, and we do not have physical landline fax, actually we don't need that. I saw you have an online fax function. So my question is how to work with online fax, and how to from our website background automatic send online fax to the restaurant. For example, when you submit the order to our website, and website will send customer confirmation email, and also website background well automatic sent the order number and food name to the restaurant, is that make sense? If that is possible, how to connect my website background to the online fax? Do you have technical support with my account api? Just like authorize, if connect the web should need the api and Generated Key that's goanna be work. So, if that is possible, how to get the API, because I need give my engineer clear answer.

1 Answer
answered on Aug 19, 2016 at 3:22am  
Hello Kraig!

Welcome to the RingCentral Developer Community.

The short answer to your question of "...can this be done?", is a resounding "YES" (but that is dependent upon how the system is architected and what you are trying to achieve). Your description helps, but it still leaves too many variables unaccounted which results in the inability to answer with 100% confidence.

Some good questions to start with would be:

1. Are you currently a RingCentral customer?

2. If you are, what is your main company number please?

3. If you are a RingCentral customer, does your RingCentral service-level meet the minimum requirements to access the Platform?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us