News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Developer Support Professional Services
Tags: salesforce
Aug 8, 2016 at 1:19pm   •   7 replies  •  0 likes
daniel-ferrara

Dear Developer,

We are using Salesforce and the RingCentral Dialer.

May I hire a Developer to attach the call recording to the Salesforce record as a completed activity, either when a call is inbound or outbound?

Sincerely,

Daniel

7 Answers
answered on Aug 9, 2016 at 8:12am  
Thanks Benjamin

answered on Aug 9, 2016 at 8:08am  
Hey Daniel,

I have made this thread "private" anything shared here will no longer be publicly visible.

Not sure how you reached Developer Support from the email I sent to our Professional Services team, but let's get you back on track.

1. Yes, we do have a professional services team who is available for hire to do custom application development for our customers.
2. Since the email I sent to that group did not get the desired results, the fastest course of action would be to contact your RingCentral Account Executive and inform them that you have a custom application you need developed, you do not have the development staff, and would like to pay RingCentral Professional Services to help create this custom application/integration for your organization's needs.

The person whom I contacted yesterday from the Professional Services team, is on vacation currently (I didn't know this until after I sent the email to him). He won't be back until after August 15th, but I believe there are other members on that team who should be able to help get the ball rolling with you.

I would start with your RingCentral Account Executive since these folks are much more effective at getting action happening quickly in our organization.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Benjamin

answered on Aug 9, 2016 at 7:58am  
So I replied to them with this!

Good Day to you too!

I was hoping to get developer support, to configure this. I know it is not a feature and I don't want to wait for the integrations department that could take a year or longer. 

Cheers!

answered on Aug 9, 2016 at 7:57am  
Benjamin,

They misunderstood what I was asking for!

I was requesting Development Support Professional Services to help with configure the call records as attachments to completed activities on record in salesforce. Here is what they sent me!

Hi Daniel,

Good day! Thank you for contacting RingCentral Developer Support.

We understand that you're interested in a feature that's posted on the developer community. As of now, we have no update on when this will be an available feature. However, I'll be forwarding this case to our integrations team so they'll be able to provide us some light regarding this matter. You may receive an email as follow up on this inquiry.

Regards,

RingCentral Developer Support

answered on Aug 9, 2016 at 7:51am  
My pleasure.

answered on Aug 8, 2016 at 3:00pm  
Thanks Benjamin :)

answered on Aug 8, 2016 at 1:46pm  
RingCentral does have a Development Professional Services team.

I have forwarded this question to the managers for this team internally and you should hear from them sometime very soon.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us