News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
dos statement to make a call
Tags: sdk
Jul 26, 2016 at 7:01am   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
nicolas-blexmann

Hi,. Is there any information about DOS Statements with RingCentral For Windows? I would like to open the app from another software and directly call with a number set as parameter. Else, how can I do that? I know this is possible, since Outlook has a plugin to do so. Thanks Niko

3 Answers
answered on Jul 27, 2016 at 12:53am  
Actually it also can be registered to handle standard "callto://<number>" and "tel://number". If it doesn't work by default it can be turned on via "Settings | General | Set as default call and fax application". But it doesn't work with Chrome as far as I can see.

answered on Jul 26, 2016 at 2:08pm  
RingCentral supports URLs to activate Softphone and make a call. I.e., if a Softphone is installed on you local machine (Windows or Mac), you can type in a browser "rcmobile://call?number=<number to call>". And it will launch RingCentral for desktop.  

answered on Jul 26, 2016 at 9:48am  
The RingCentral Connect Platform API is modern in the sense it is RESTful, implements OAuth2, and supports JSON. This enables any application capable of sending HTTP Requests and receiving/processing HTTP Responses can integrate with the RingCentral Connect Platform API.

Unlike *nix-based systems which typically have tools like cURL or wget available, DOS does not have these functionalities by default.

A quick Google for "Windows DOS HTTP Requests" returned this item on StackOverflow which looks promising (depending upon your development requirements): http://serverfault.com/questions/483754/is-there-a-built-in-command-line-tool-under-windows-like-wge...

Of course if a solution like that does not fit your requirements, you could also consider installing Node.js on the machine and then use DOS to execute those specific Node.js executables to achieve the same result. Following this approach requires having JavaScript experience (I would recommend this using the RingCentral JS SDK to simplify development). https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-js.git

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us