News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
How to integrate RingCentral with SIPTAPI and ACT
Tags: getting started
Jul 12, 2016 at 12:43pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
sppi-main-general-mailbox

I am trying to find a way to integrate my RingCentral calling (specifically the softphone/digital line options) with my CRM software Sage ACT! to do this I somehow have to make RingCentral a phone within my Windows Telephone Dialogue window (I am on Windows 8.1) however I don't understand where to find the information that's required or if this method would even work for what my goal is.

The only other solution I have found is an extremely expensive plugin so if there are any better or alternative methods to integrate with ACT (allow calling out, and length recording to contact) while still recording to my RingCentral account, then I would greatly appreciate it!

I have attached a screenshot of the SIPTAPI window, please let me know if you'd need anything else to help with my problem.

3 Answers
answered on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:43pm  
I've not tried using what you've shared, so I am not sure if this will work, but you could try using the following API Developer Guide documentation for SIP Device Registration (which should respond with a SIP Info object, which appears to contain all the information you would need to include in that form).

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#SipDeviceRegistration.html

Your application to obtain this information will need to have the VOIP Calling API Permission and ReadAccount API Permission.

The experience I have using this route is with the RingCentral WebRTC JS Client Library. I am interested to hear what you learn from trying to integrate this solution, let me know how it goes please.

answered on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:33pm  
Hey Benjamin,

I completely understand that and have done research regarding that specifically, however the sole purpose of this program is to take a SIP service and allow TAPI functionality within windows. If you look at the screenshot that SIP information would be collected and then used through the program. Does that seem like a possibility?

answered on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:30pm  
RingCentral does not offer TAPI support at this time.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us