News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Voicemail entries not included in call logs API request?
Tags: voicemails
Jun 9, 2016 at 4:55pm   •   3 replies  •  0 likes
nicholas-head

I'm using the

/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/{extensionId}/call-log URL to download call logs, and I'm passing view=Detailed into the querystring, to make sure I get detailed call log entries.

However, I do not seem to be able to find "Voicemail" logs in the results. I see them in the "Call Log" page of RingCentral, but not the API call-log results. Anyone else experiencing this? All of the other entry types seem to be coming down okay. I also checked the "leg" data of the results in case it was buried in there, but still didn't see it.

3 Answers
answered on Nov 15, 2016 at 6:03pm  
Hi I just want to write a quick python script to download the voicemail to my drive on a regular basis. If you have already done something similar perhaps I can buy the code off you ? I am stuck at sandbox stage, no response trying to get the token.

answered on Jun 10, 2016 at 11:44am  
Call Log doesn't contain the data for voice mail...the Message (aka: Message Store or Messages) API resource does (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-docs/latest/index.html#!#RefGetMessageList).

You can make a GET request to the Message API resource after adding the appropriate API permission (ReadMessages), and then you can add the filter (query param): messageType=Voicemail + direction=Inbound (if you only want voice mail left for an employee or a call group).

GET /restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/message-store?messageType=VoiceMail&direction=Inbound&nbsp;HTTP/1.1 Host: platform.devtest.ringcentral.com Content-Type: application/json Accept: application/json Authorization: Bearer REPLACE_WITH_YOUR_RINGCENTRAL_USER_OR_ADMIN_ACCESS_TOKEN Cache-Control: no-cache<br>

answered on Jun 10, 2016 at 8:52am  
Also, the "Call Log" page of RingCentral shows when people push buttons to get into certain queues/etc -- but I don't see this data in the call-log API as far as I can tell. Is there something I'm missing?

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us