News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Accessing Department/Call Queue voicemail.
Tags: call queues
May 17, 2016 at 1:50pm   •   2 replies  •  0 likes
hamoody-abdulla

In our previous phone system, users had the ability to access Department / Call Queue voicemail from their companion desktop app. They also had the ability to callback the caller that left the "group" voicemail. I am trying to provide them a solution that gives them similar functionality. So far I have given them access to the web portal with the login for that Call Queue, but they do not have the ability to click a number and ring out to their phone because they are not logged in themselves.

1. Is there a way to download a voicemail from a mailbox using the API?
  2. Is there a way to play a voicemail over a users phone by initiating it from the API? aka I want to play a wav file over the users phone.

Thanks

2 Answers
answered on May 23, 2016 at 9:16am  
Let me clarify. Our users are not using their mobile devices, they are using Cisco SPA514G desk phones. That is why I want to play over SIP or something of the sort.

Also, is there a way for a user to have delegate access to a Call Queue/ Department extension so that they can access call recording(voice mail) using their own login credentials?

answered on May 23, 2016 at 9:05am  
  1. Is there a way to download a voicemail from a mailbox using the API?

Yes, you can use the Call Log API resource to download call recordings.

First you lookup the call recording meta data: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Call_Log/loadCallRecordingMetad...

Then you fetch the call recording: https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html#/!/Call_Log/loadCallRecordingConte...

2. Is there a way to play a voicemail over a users phone by initiating it from the API?  aka I want to play a wav file over the users phone.

I would recommend against trying to implement this workflow because RingCentral already provides this ability using our softphone. If you wanted to do this by building a custom mobile application, you could, but then the audio would play from via the custom application over the user's phone (not the phone's native interface).

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us